Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PM Addy's got eyes replaced- good news!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent my German and '93 China Addys into the doll hospital because both had silver eye. I know there's been a lot of questions on the board if they could replace Addy's eyes without replacing her entire head. CS told me they could, so I posted a million notes on their box, with them, in my file to not replace their head...

    Well, I'm happy to report that they replaced only the eyes! Both Addys still have their original heads (they left my hairstyles, so I know the heads are mine). I'll post an update when I get pictures of Addy for my album.

    The only catch is that the old PM eyes had brown soft fan lashes and the new Mattel eyes have black straight lashes. But they look good on Addy since her hair is black too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is good news. I hope none of our girls get silver eye but you never know. My nieces bitty had problems with an eye. They replaced the whole head and she is just not the same now. I sure wish I had found the board sooner. Thanks for keeping us informed.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> Horsemom...can i ask you just a couple of questions?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Did you send both dolls together in the same package?

    How did you send them; UPS or USPS?

    Did you send payment for replacement of 2 heads? (even though they didnt charge you anything)

    Did you enclose a check or credit card number for the payment?

    Did you send the "hospital form" in with the dolls with "head replacement" checked??

    Oopsi, well it was a "few" questions !! Sorry about that but im really weary about sending my dolls in, but i DO want their eyes fixed.

    TIA, (and the info will be great appreciated) [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Tracey </font>

  4. #4
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I'm glad your Addy's were fixed. I am so glad AG has a doll hospital, I don't know where i would be with out them!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you send both dolls together in the same package?

    <<< Yes.

    How did you send them; UPS or USPS?

    <<< As per CS, I sent them UPS and I insured them.

    Did you send payment for replacement of 2 heads- even though they didnt charge you anything?

    <<< No, I didn't send any payment information at all. I did call CS ahead and had them put a note in my computer file that I was sending two Addys in for silver eye replacement. I also didn't pay for the shipping back to me. CS said AG would pay for it. I only paid for the UPS shipping to the doll hospital.

    Did you enclose a check or credit card number for the payment?

    <<< Nope, didn't include any payment info. at all. I just wrote in $0 in the total amount and "as per Customer Service."

    Did you send the "hospital form" in with the dolls with "head replacement" checked??

    <<< No. In the space where you check an option, I wrote in pen and then highlighted: silver eye replacement ONLY! I also enclosed a letter detailing what I wanted done, and wrote my phone #s on both the form and the letter with clear instructions to call me if they couldn't replace the eyes.

    Hope that helped!
    You can see pictures of both Addys after their eye replacement now in my Addy album starting picture #8. It also compares a German Addy and a PM China Addy.

  6. #6
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I'm so happy this worked out for you!

    I'm going to be so nervous until my DD's Felicity is back home!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kmbe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Thank you so much for the info and for the pics. This will really help me decide what to do with my older Addy doll. Who would of thought it would be this hard to make a decision- but you truly do get attached to the face of your particular doll and you hate to see it changed!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> Just bumping this so i can find it easily again......heehehe [img]wink.gif[/img] </font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's really fantastic service, even for free eye replacements. Mine were shipped home with the hospital set (a gown, wristband, balloon, certificate, and hair ribbon) and they came in a doll hospital box. It's just like the doll box they come in but the cover is white and has the doll hospital logo. I am very impressed with the quality of their repair service, especially for the free stuff dealing with silver eye defects. I have had three dolls now have free silver eye replacements.

    Of course, they make more than their fair share of money off me I think to make up for the occasional free repair! LOL- the fact that I don't have to pay for their repair just means I'm free to spend the $ on more doll clothes and stuff!

    *Edited to add: Welcome to the board!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] *

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 28, 2005 02:55 PM: Message edited by: horsemom ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> just an update on my progress... [img]smile.gif[/img] Ive written my letter, packed the dolls in their box and have decided to drop them off at UPS on monday am. I know im putting off the inevitable, but hey.... i dont want to lose them or their "heads".. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    (i am sooooooo pathetic....i think ill head to walmart and see if they will sell me a "life" ) [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •